At Uber, we take advanced research work and use it to solve real world problems. In our Science at Uber video series, Uber employees talk about how we apply data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other innovative technologies in our daily work.
Uber’s problem space straddles the digital and physical worlds, making the nature of our engineering work particularly novel. According to Waleed Kadous, Principal Engineer at Uber, this duality inspires us to look for technologies that can improve real-world mobility solutions at scale and in real time. These efforts have led us to harness innovative tools like conversational agents to build products that improve the lives of our users.
Check out our other Science at Uber videos:
- Science at Uber: Building a Data Science Platform at Uber
- Science at Uber: Bringing Research to the Roads
- Science at Uber: Powering Uber’s Ridesharing Technologies Through Mapping
- Science at Uber: Applying Artificial Intelligence at Uber
- Science at Uber: Making a Real-world Impact with Data Science
- Science at Uber: Innovating Across Digital and Physical Worlds