At Uber, we take advanced research work and use it to solve real world problems. In our Science at Uber video series, Uber employees talk about how we apply data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other innovative technologies in our daily work.
Zoubin Ghahramani, Chief Scientist at Uber, spent many years in academia researching artificial intelligence. In very recent years, he has seen this field move from the theoretical into the practical, finding real-world applications in a variety of industries. Applied to the huge amount of data around transportation, artificial intelligence has the capability to make travel easier and more seamless.
At Uber, deep learning, an area of artificial intelligence research, finds use in multiple applications, including improving our understanding of cities and traffic, helping compute ETAs, and in developing self-driving cars. Beyond deep learning, however, we also use machine learning and other areas of artificial intelligence to make transportation better.
Check out our other Science at Uber videos:
- Science at Uber: Building a Data Science Platform at Uber
- Science at Uber: Bringing Research to the Roads
- Science at Uber: Powering Uber’s Ridesharing Technologies Through Mapping
- Science at Uber: Applying Artificial Intelligence at Uber
- Science at Uber: Making a Real-world Impact with Data Science
- Science at Uber: Innovating Across Digital and Physical Worlds
- Science at Uber: Powering Machine Learning at Uber