At Uber, we take advanced research work and use it to solve real world problems. In our Science at Uber video series, Uber employees talk about how we apply data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other innovative technologies in our daily work.
Franziska Bell, Director of Data Science at Uber, wants to give every Uber employee the capabilities of a data scientist. Whether it involves making forecasts to understand future rider demand in a city or deriving insights from data analytics, data science tools have broad applicability at Uber. Fran and her team extend these capabilities throughout Uber through the use of platforms, systems that let users enter parameters and select sets of data to help make business decisions.
Check out our other Science at Uber videos:
- Science at Uber: Building a Data Science Platform at Uber
- Science at Uber: Bringing Research to the Roads
- Science at Uber: Powering Uber’s Ridesharing Technologies Through Mapping
- Science at Uber: Applying Artificial Intelligence at Uber
- Science at Uber: Making a Real-world Impact with Data Science
- Science at Uber: Innovating Across Digital and Physical Worlds
Interested in applying the latest research to solving real world problems? Consider joining our team!